"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

My Life

>> Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It seems like when I post it is about two things: Brenna or Doug's senate race.

So I was thinking, what can I talk about that doesn't have to do with either of them? Hmmmm... what has happened lately that doesn't involve Brenna?

Thinking... Thinking... Thinking...

Nothing. My days revolve around my child. Which is just the way I think it should be. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home and raise my own child. I get to see her learn to put together puzzles. I get to see her learn numbers. I am treated daily to impromptu shows of singing and dancing. I am the willing receipent of multiple leg hugs.

Searching the web under "working mom vs. stay at home mom" yields 522,890 hits. And it seems to be a heated topic. Hey, here's a fun fact: cost of being a stay at home mom: $1 million Hmmm... interesting. Here's another one that I heard on Dr. Phil yesterday while I was doing dishes, laundry and attempting to keep Brenna from spreading baby wipes all over the house: a stay at home mother works the equivalent of two- that's 2- full time jobs.

Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe when Brenna and the as-yet-unborn-bundle-of-joy are older I will look at a job with "mother's hours" so I can still be home when they get out of school. Because, honestly, I can't think of anything more important than my children.

Nothing.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP