"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Dull, Dull Days

>> Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I feel so lame when I don't update for days but, really, there hasn't been much going on. The weather was cold and rainy for four days and that really doean't inspire much activity.

Saturday night Doug & I attended the Lincoln Dinner. There were about 1000 people there; a really great turnout. Lots of speakers- mostly Iowa politicians- with two additions: Sean Hannity and Newt Gingrich. Hannity was amusing, he does a spot on Bill Clinton impression. Newt Gingrich, although he denies a presidential run at this point, was very thorough in his ideas for the future of the country. Many of his points were the same as Doug makes on his Senate site. Hmmm, coincidence?

Sunday was spent vegging and doing anything that had managed to be avoided all week- mailings, thank you notes, catching up on sleep. Yep, it was that exciting.

Which brings us to Monday. I had an OB appointment. My doctor told me that I am having a boring pregnancy- weight is on track, no pains or problems, blood pressure is normal, baby's heart beat is strong. Perfectly boring. I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks. Hopefully the little gymnast will cooperate and we can find out if it is a he or a she. The the fun of naming will begin.

After the perfectly boring OB appointment Brenna & I picked up Cousin Koen and we all went to Jumpin' Jacks, a play place full of inflatable slides and jumping pits and obstacle courses. Great fun which sent me home with a very tired child. Yea!

And today we have to drive to Best Buy- again- for a problem that is occurring on my laptop- again. Same problem. I'm beginning to lose patience. Grrr...

And Brenna is beginning to lose patience with me being on the computer so I must go. She's so demanding.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP