"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Ch Ch Ch Changes

>> Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Way back in the summer of 2004 I made bedding for Brenna's crib. Because there was no way I was going to spend close to $300 on baby bedding when I darn well knew that I could make something just as pretty for less than $100. Which, with much help from my mother, I did.

So now it is time for me to do the same for Twoey here. (No, we don't have a name picked out yet. Yes, I know time is growing short.) I had previously decided that we would be using lavenders and violets for baby. I had the paint picked out and an idea of what I wanted for the bedding.

Until last night.

Brenna & I met my mom at JoAnn Fabrics. After much searching we found some beautiful fabrics in the perfect colors. Unfortunately there was not enough. And ordering more would take 4 to 6 weeks- time I just don't have. Damn.

So we gave up and headed to Hancock Fabrics where lavender fabrics proved to be nonexistant. But we found these:



Beautiful shades of rose and green. I had hoped to avoid pink this time around, but it's just not to be. Unless the whole trying experience was a cosmic hint that I shouldn't be buying girl colors and the ultrasound was wrong.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP