"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Musings of a Crazed Insomniac

>> Friday, October 21, 2005

Let's see... it's 3:18am. Well, let's look at it this way: it's 9:18am in Ireland and since that seems to be where at least part of my mind is I'll pretend to be there. It makes being awake not quite so painful.

Why is part of my mind in Ireland? I picked up all of our travel goodies yesterday. Brendan Tours really hooks you up: two books full of places to stay, coupons for discounts at dozens of locations, Ireland Heritage book with more discounts, driving map... I "read" myself to sleep with the B&B books. Ahhh, where to stay? Where to go? What should we do?

The last time I was there I just meandered about the southwest. With Brenna we have to plan a bit; and since we fly out of Dublin I would like 3 days around there. As with the last trip I just won't have time to do as much as I would like. sigh I guess it just gives me a reason to return...

So, inquiring minds want to know where the rest of my mind is at? Firmly planted here at home. Miss Brenna's BIG first birthday party is Saturday. Today I need to make the cake & cupcakes and get stuff for goodie bags for the little kids so they don't try to ambush Brenna's gifts. I love the Dollar Store for things like that.

I also have an oil change this morning and a lunch date with Doug & my brother Justin.

Oh, and the sellers of the house we have the offer on are coming to see our house. There is a chance that they might buy our house. Strange, you say? Well, yes. Let me explain.

The people who are selling the house we want to buy have had no offers other than ours, which is contingent on the sale of our house. They have built a new house outside of town that they are ready to move in to. We have had no offers on our house (which still surprises me. Our house is nice: look) Three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath, big lot, one block from an elemantary school, on a bike path. The problem is the amount of new housing in the area- there are almost 200 homes for sale in our town in the same price range as ours, half of them new.

So, our agents are trying to finagle a deal where we buy their house and they buy ours to resell. I suppose that it helps that the seller is a big-wig at a local bank...

I'm at the point where I don't care. I'm just tired of keeping my house in "show" condition. I have a baby & a big dog. That involves a lot of work.

Oh, girl's night out to scrapbook is tonight, as well. My sister, SIL & GFIL all gather at Archivers for 6 hours of scrapbooking. Yes, it is possible. And the only time I get to actually do it without any interruptions.

So, now it's 4 am; 10 in Ireland. I'm still wide awake. I need to be up in 2 hours. I wonder if I'll get back to sleep tonight...

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP