"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

It Was A Party

>> Sunday, October 23, 2005

Yesterday was Brenna's big 1st birthday party. I think it was a success. Our haose was full of people, including grandparents & great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and Meritt & her little Peanut from Coffee Talking.

Brenna received toys, mostly educational (YEA!), sooo many cute outfits (she will be stylin'), and books (always a hit in this house). I won't bore you with all those pictures!

As some of you may recall, I planned to make the cake. Well, it turned out to be a family event as the first 2 tries at baking resulted in the first cake breaking (mine) and the second not completely cooking (my mom). Third time's a charm, I guess. (Thanks, mom!) Decorating was also a team event as I am still having trouble with my hand. My sister did the detail work. I made the fairy wings the night before at our monthly scrapbooking night.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She turned out quite nicely, no?

Brenna had a personal cupcake to eat, but here she is with her fairy cake:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mommy & Daddy help blow out the candle:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

YUM! Good cake!



Want some?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We ended up having to cut thigs a little short as Doug & I had a political dinner to attend. My apologies to everyone for that! Some things can not be avoided.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP