"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

An Announcement

>> Sunday, October 16, 2005

For those expecting a follow-up to Jody's rabbit post, you will be disappointed to learn that this is not about rabbits.

It is, however, about an opportunity. Jeff Lamberti is the State Senator for our district. He has announced his intention to run against Leonard Boswell for US Congress, thus leaving his state senate seat open. I am beginning the process to put my name on the ballot. I need help.

First thing, first; I need signatures, which means I need people to help me get signatures. I need paper, printer ink, pens and peoples' time. I will eventually need envelopes, stamps, graphic design work... and the list goes on and on.

I will try to meet up with Lamberti sometime soon; he is cris-crossing the Iowa's 3rd Congressional District (Boswell's seat) this week so it may be hard to get some time with him.

I have reserved domain name space, but don't have an election site up yet. One of the things I need to do is deliver a policy statement. I usually comment on national issues here, but I think I have made my opposition to the Iowa Values Fund (corporate welfare as State29 says) and the Iowa Pork Forest...err...I mean Iowa Rain Forest evident.

Who would like to help me get signatures from Polk county, north of I80, including the following towns?

  • Alleman
  • Ankeny
  • Bondurant
  • Elkhart
  • Grimes
  • Johnston
  • Polk City
  • Saylorville
  • Sheldahl (south side)



Please help if you can...or click on the PayPal tip jar over at the right.



UPDATE on 10/17/2005 8:00pm: Here is a roundup of many of my posts on state level policy. I've excluded national election posts and most posts about my military experience.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP