"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Do I Really Need A Title?

>> Tuesday, October 18, 2005

With Daddy Geek's political aspirations coming to a head I am thinking that I may need to vacate this blog and begin one of my own. Heaven forbid someone comes here for political commentary and reads the drivel I leave behind!

So, I woke up, for no apparent reason, at 5:30 this morning. Brenna is still sleeping so I thought I would try to catch up on blogs that I just haven't had time to read in the past few days (which is most of my favorites). Anyway, I was visiting Momma of 2's blog post about Baby Girl's birthday when I immediately thought of my father's wife.

Now, if you visit my brother's site you will have seen this post about some of our experiences with her.

She has a daughter that moved to Washington state to live with her father (no suprise there- I'd get far away from that woman, too) and ended up marrying a friend of his. As far as I'm aware she hasn't been back to Iowa since she moved. Until now. Yep, she's coming to visit and one would think that it's the queen. I barely know this girl and my dad's wife is acting like I and my siblings should be soooo excited and falling all over ourselves to see her.

Did I mention that she'll be here when we get back from Ireland which will also be the week we will be closing on the new house (if all goes well) and moving? Yep, the busiest week of my year and I have to make sure I see someone I don't really even know.

I really can't help it; I try to be civil to the woman and I know that it hurts my dad's feelings that I don't like her. But honestly, if you've done something she's done it better; if you've been sick she's been on death's door (apparently he doesn't want her, either); the attention must always shift to her.

And this weekend we get the pleasure of her company again and I'll have to acknowledge her because I'm the hostess. Yep, Brenna's second first birthday party is this weekend.

Here's hoping I don't attack that woman with the cake server.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP