"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Merry Christmas! Don't Sell Your Pampers Stock

>> Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas to everyone who has the time or inclination to be out in cyber land!

It is 4:38am and I am hoping that I am just taking a little break from sleeping and am not up for the day. Presents probably won't be opened for another 4 1/2 hours as Brenna doesn't "get" Christmas yet and won't be clamoring for daddy to get out of bed at some ungodly hour.

I remember when I was young; my parents had a hard and fast rule that we could wake them until 6 am. I can remember my siblings and I sitting, waiting as the clock ticked (tick, tock, tick, tock) toward that magical hour. It moved so slowly. And then, once 6 o'clock had arrived, we had to wait for them to get coffee and tea, wait for my mom to put the homemade cinnamon rolls in the oven. I think that must be one of the great joys of parenthood- the slow torture of your children on Christmas morning.


And now for something completely different.

Yesterday's potty training was not so messy. In fact, there was only one accident all day. The morning went off without a hitch. Well, without anything actually. Brenna has control. Oh, yeah, does she have control. No accidents but no action on the potty, either. Nothing, in fact, until we put her in a Easy Up for naptime. She was wet within 5 minutes. So we changed the "Dora" (we call it a Dora because the Easy Up has Dora the Explorer on it) and put her down to nap. Which is a whole nother story as there was no napping taking place. Let's call it quiet time, shall we, as Brenna plays, quietly, in her room because she knows that if she is too loud I will come up and try to make her sleep.

Anyway, after quiet time she is put back into her big girl panties. We have a timer set for 20 minutes- wheter she needs to go or not we make a trip to the potty. Shortly after one of our potty times Doug sees Brenna squat- and rushes her to the potty. She is not too messy, surely there is more to come... But, no, there's that control again. Nothing else escapes. Until we prepare to leave for Christmas Eve church service and put a Dora on again. Oh, she knows when she's safe, my friends, she knows.

We will try some more today as I am a glutton for punishment but I may have to concede this battle. Brenna is a formidable opponent, one I will have to outwit and outlast. Think of it like Survivor: Potty Edition.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP