"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Naps

>> Wednesday, April 27, 2005

When you're an adult naps are a luxury.

When you are my daughter naps are something to be avoided at all costs.

Just when I think I have figured out how to get her to nap she changes up. Let's compare yesterday & today.

Yesterday I began preparing her to nap when I fed her at noon. We went to her room, I fed her, she relaxed. I put her in her crib and she happily rolled over to play with her soothing aquarium. About 20 minutes later she began to fuss. After listening to that for 15 minutes or so I moved her to the swing. Again, 20 minutes of peace then fussing for another 15-20 minutes. Back to rocking; with her screaming and crying. After about 30 minutes of that I nursed her a bit more. She fell asleep so I placed her in her crib. And she promptly woke up, rolled to her tummy and picked up the screaming, again. I rubbed her back and shoulders until she dozed off.

So today I thought the same tricks would work. Nope. Not one of them. Not even a little bit. So, today, no nap.

I've tried everything.
I've put her in her crib before she is tired.
I've put her in her crib almost asleep.
I've put her in her crib with a full tummy.
I've put her in her crib half an hour after she's eaten.
I've let her "cry it out"- only it didn't end. She can keep up the "death scream" for 45 minutes straight.
I've tried putting her in our room to nap because it is darker.
I've tried laying down beside her.


I just don't know what to do about this. She is going to bed early in the evening- around 6:30. And she is sleeping until 6 in the morning. She is quite active during the day; she plays in her exersaucer and we play together on the floor. Lately she has been nodding off when we feed her dinner.

How can I get her to nap? Seriously, I am beginning to need that downtime in the afternoon. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP