"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Forgive Me

>> Sunday, April 24, 2005

Thing have been quite busy around the Geek household with my brother and his family visiting from DC. People have been in and out of my house so much that it is feeling a bit like we have a rotating door.

Not that I am complaining; we love having people visit. It just doesn't leave much time for any of my normal activities. Like blogging.

But I did carve out the time to make this cake for my nephew's first birthday. Technically his birthday was 6 weeks ago. We had a small party for him yesterday.


Train Cake

Inside tip: If a recipe ever tells you to use Cool Whip as frosting DON'T DO IT!!! It melts and creates more stress and mess than it is worth.


Another angle

Overall it turned out quite cute; I got lots of compliments. And although I think it could have been better (it's the perfectionist in me), I was pleased with the way it looked.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP