"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Buying Gas

>> Thursday, April 14, 2005

I am so stupidly excited about this: today I saved $.20 per gallon on gas. And how did I do that, you may ask. The local Hy Vee store has a gas station. When you shop there and go to their gas station you save a set amount per gallon of gas by showing your receipt. For someone used to paying at the pump it is a bit of a hassle, but so worth it today.

Because today the savings per gallon was $.10. Cool. So how did I save double that? Well, they were running a "noon special", double the savings. WooHoo!! I saved $3.70. Yep, the amount is kind of a let-down after that build-up, I know. But still, that brought it down to $1.85/gallon.

I was listening to Ron Insana the other day. The discussion was about the price of gas. I don't understand the whining about gas. Honestly. If we, as a country, were really worried about it wouldn't we, as a country, take some sort of action?

I mean an action other than buying a Hummer or F150.

When I visited Ireland the largest car I saw was a VW station wagon. And no semis- which was nice. And in London Smart cars were everywhere. And, of course, you have Eurail. And let us not forget that gas there sells by the litre. Currently averaging $5.94 per gallon. Perspective, please.

I am, personally, for drilling in Alaska. But I'm also for wind and solar power, hybrid and electric cars and light rail. If Des Moines had a light rail system I would use it to go to the mall or the Farmer's Market in the summer. Heck, I might go more often. And Doug & I have discussed buying a hybrid SUV when the time comes to replace the one we have. (We have to have an SUV for our land in the Ozarks. I'll tell you about it some other time.)


I guess that it seems, to me, that if change is going to happen we, the people, must make it happen. Whining won't do it. Actions will. And if you don't take action I don't want to hear you bitch.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP