"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The Magic #2

>> Monday, April 04, 2005

At first this post was going to be about the appearance of Brenna's second tooth. It is causing a bit of frustration for her. Especially at bedtime. When she nods off and quits chewing on whatever she has ahold of (me), her gums begin to ache and she wakes up and cries. And the circle begins again. Chew on mommy, nod off, ache, cry, chew, nod, ache, cry. She was almost 3 hours late going to sleep last night.

I thought that, maybe, she would sleep through the night.

But...

Two is also the number of times I woke up last night. The first time I was dreaming that Brenna was in bed with us and we were smothering her. To be honest, I've had this dream almost every night for the past month. I've even, in a half-awake state, woken Doug as I am trying to find her. He has become used to it, I think, and will mumble something about her being in her own bed. Which usually sends me to her room to check on her. The second time I woke was due to Brenna's cry. She had rolled onto her tummy and was not happy about it. This requires nursing and rocking. Which I don't honestly mind as I'm sure the cuddling will end all too soon.

And now, for the final "2" of the day: Two is the number of times Brenna activated her Daddy's gag reflex in the last 2 days. Yep, the monster of all poos happened yesterday morning as I was trying to get my house ready for a family invasion. I pulled Brenna out of her ExerSaucer and there it was- from head to foot. Poor Doug was pulling out wipes and I'm yelling "Put those away and start the bath!" Honestly, no amount of wipes could have cleaned up all that poo.

I didn't know, until Doug admitted it, that he almost hurled. Oh, what a nasty chain reaction that could have been!

And then there was this morning: Before Doug left for work he was holding the lovely Brenna. She let 'er rip. Up her back, down her legs and through her outfit on to Doug's. Kudos to Doug, though. He cleaned her up and made no mess himself. I was handed a poopy outfit and a baby in a diaper.

Someday I'll teach him how to clean the mess out of her clothes! But for now I'll just be happy that he didn't add to it.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP