"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

April Fools (Mon)Day

>> Monday, April 03, 2006

Oh, lord.

It all began Saturday, April 1. I was set and ready to begin the big project for the day- a mass mailing to beg for campaign $$. I open my laptop to... the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! I try turning it off, removing the battery, rebooting; all to no avail. So Brenna and I are off to visit the Geek Squad at Best Buy. (Side note: people line up outside Best Buy on Saturday mornings. Why?) The Geek starts the computer, does some fancy finger work and determines that something is running in the background and not letting the computer run. Thanks, genius, I knew that. Then I am told that it will be 4 days for them to do the check. Four days. I would have taken it somewhere else but I have a warranty thru Best Buy and if it is a hardware problem they fix it free. I really hope it is some stupid virus that Norton didn't catch because I hadn't backed up my photos and a couple other things to the external since January.

So everything had to be done from the bar computer and the 3 computers on Doug's desk. Yes, three. Well, two monitors are hooked up to the same CPU, but still. So my "good" printer had to be loaded to the network, printing had to be done, envelopes had to be labeled (by hand because it is more "personal"), stuffed and stamped. Jen, Jarod & Amanda came over and lended a hand (literally) and it was done by 6pm. Whew!

Sunday was "off" because of Daylight Savings. I'm not sure why we still have DST. When most of the country was farming it made sense, now it just doesn't make so much sense. We all gathered in the evening for my father's birthday at The Machine Shed. Thru wind and rain and tornado warning we ventured out. Yep, not much stops us from eating.

And today. I had an appointment with my OB. My mom was going to meet me there as Doug is teaching today and couldn't join me to watch Brenna. That all fell apart when Doug tried to leave and the car made an awful sound- and smell. So he took the truck and I had the mechanic come get the car. Now, how do I get to my appointment? I call my mom and ask if she can take us. She can't get the carseat in her car as it is full of chairs for my aunt, but she can come out and watch Brenna & I can take her car to the Dr. Whew! Thanks, Mom!

And now, if you have stuck through all that, I will thank you by sharing the good news from the OB. My test results for Downs Syndrome and T18 show a 0.02% chance of either problem. Much less than "normal" for my age group. I gained 7 lbs this past month, which is good since I didn't gain much the first trimester due to nausea.

Here's hoping that the run of bad luck ended at two and the rest of the week will be uneventful!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP