"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Not Much to Report

>> Monday, April 10, 2006

I was awake at 4am with a headache and an active mind. That sucks. What was on my mind, you ask? Well, since there is nothing to report I will tell you.

The campaign is always on my mind. I am overwhelmed by everything that I need to try to do. There just isn't enough time for me to do what needs done. In all honesty I think that elections and the money necessary is out of control. I have nixed quite a few things we would like to have in favor of yard signs. I ordered Doug out to door knock every free moment possible for face time as we are going to be greatly outspent by our primary opponent. Which cuts family time. Brenna goes with sometimes but she is in no way good for more than a couple of hours.

Another thing on my mind was a park that Brenna & I walk to. It is across a street with a 40 mph speed limit and no marked crosswalk. With the growth of our town there are two large housing developments on the west side of the street and the park is on the east. More and more families are moving in and I think a speed limit change and a crosswalk are needed. So I was thinking about that... Do I need to contact city hall? Do I have to make a request of the city council?

And then my mind went back to the campaign...

About 5:43am Brenna began to babble and laugh to herself. As I was falling asleep she began coughing, no doubt because we played outside yesterday and she was a bit stuffy. I was. Doug brought her downstairs and she snuggled in beside me.

And for a few minutes all was right with the world. Until the alarm went off- the coffee maker began grinding beans- and it was officially time to wake up.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP