"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Have Returned

>> Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's been a busy few days. And I won't lie- without my laptop I really don't like being on the computer. It's all what you get used to, I guess, and the desktop keyboards are just different enough that I can't type quickly or well.

I've been working on Doug's hand-out for door-to-door introductions and making calls to get him in front of "major donors". Funny story: I was calling and a "major donor" in our town owns a rather large car dealership. I'll just say that the dealership uses his first name, which begins with a "K" and sells vehicles that are "Like A Rock".I identified myself to the receptionist and was transferred and heard a very gruff "Hello" and I got out "Hi, this is Jody with **** for Senate..." and he hung up on me. How freakin rude! At least have the decency to blow me off!

Yesterday began on a sad note, though, as I had to have my cat Chelsea put down. We knew it was coming, she had been sick for a few months and was losing weight rapidly though she ate like a small horse. I have had animals put down before and it is usually a bit traumatic, so I really like what this vet did: they sedated her first so she fell peacefully to sleep and then gave her the euthanizing drugs. And they made a clay pawprint for me to bring home. Thoughtful.

On our run across town to pick up my computer we met Merrit at World Market- both of us killing time. Brenna played shy for a few minutes and we wandered the store wishing we had large disposable incomes.

As for today, I have calls to make and I have to set a time with Mac at 98.3 WOW FM for Doug to be on the show. He has promised us half an hour. I'll be sure to let you all know when the big day will be.

And tonight Brenna gets to hang with her cousins while Doug & I enjoy a benefit dinner at the Tournament Club in Polk City. I hope we don't have to eat rubber chicken...

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP