"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Thank You, May I Have Another?

>> Monday, May 09, 2005

Quite often Doug and I are asked when we plan to give Brenna a sister or brother. My response is, "Hey, let me enjoy this one!" or "Why would I risk having another child when I have a perfect baby now?" (OK, perfect except for the napping issue. We are still having problems with that.)

Last night, after my first Mother's Day and spending quite a bit of time gazing at Brenna while she slept, I reflected on my first 6 months of motherhood.

**It amazes me that I can wake every day loving this child more than I did when I went to sleep.

**I am constantly thankful that Doug goes to work evey day and I am able to stay home and raise our daughter.

**I have learned that the happiest place to be is curled up in bed with Doug and Brenna watching an old movie.

**I now know that the happiest feeling in the world is when your child smiles when you enter a room.

And I have come to the conclusion that Brenna might need me to give her a sibling. Otherwise I may overwhelm her with all the love I feel for her. But, if that decision is made, it will be at least another year. Don't rush me; I want to enjoy this one, first!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP