"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

>> Sunday, May 22, 2005

Today we took Brenna to her first baseball game. Des Moines hosts the Iowa Cubs, the Chicago "Farm Team". As with her first hockey game, my brother Jarod & his girlfriend Amanda joined us.

I'm not a baseball fan; OK, that's an understatement, I really dislike baseball, but the tickets were given to Doug by one of his clients. The tickets were quite good, a field box, fifth row. But it was a hot & sunny day so we moved up to a shady area. Which totally negated the need for the fabulous floppy hat I bought. :) At Target, of course.

I can't say that Brenna was overly impressed. We left during the 5th inning; someone needed a nap. OK, I needed a nap. Too much sun.



Take Me Out to the Ball Game

This coming week I have the distinct privilege of caring for my two heathens, ahem, nephews whilst my sister does her civic duty (i.e. jury duty). She has promised me her stipend of $10/day. Now really, I'd do it for free! HAHAHA... I'll check in when I can.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP