"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

And a good time was had by all....

>> Sunday, May 08, 2005

Well, I hope so, anyway. Yesterday we had our first party of the season. Doug really enjoys having people over, and so do I. We grilled, I made salads and dips and sweet treats.

It's Mother's Day. I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but Doug and I aren't really "It's a holiday I must give a gift" people. I'd rather get flowers and jewelry "just because" than because the calendar says I must. Doug did get me a card; he's not a complete cad.

Earlier this week I got the HP PSC 1610 All in One, something I wanted. I used the Mother's Day angle to get it:
Me: Hon, I want a photo printer.
Doug: Our printer prints good photos.
Me: Yeah, but I want a really nice photo printer. And this one scans- I could really use a scanner. Besides, it's almost Mother's Day, this could be my present.
Doug: OK.
Actually, I didn't even have to work that hard. Which is why we aren't really gift-y people. We will have to become so as Brenna gets older. At least a little bit.

I love a party that you can clean up most of the mess in under half an hour;, i.e. paper plates and cans of beverages. But I did bake a few things, and those dishes don't clean themselves. So I am going to do those and leave you with a favorite recipe of mine: Baked Triple Veggie Dip. YUMMY!!!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP