"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Three Kids

>> Tuesday, February 01, 2005

This week my sister and her husband are enjoying a much needed vacation in Las Vegas. After this week I, too, will deserve a vacation. You see, I am caring for their two boys during the day. My mother has the over-night shift. My shift is harder. They sleep through most of hers.

Don't get me wrong, I love my nephews. They are incredible boys. But boys will be boys. And boys ages 2 and 3 will be excitable, energized, loud, crazy boys.

Her eldest is potty training now. And he's doing quite a good job. Unfortunately he seems to need to "pee pee on the potty" about 10 minutes after I start feeding Brenna. Some things can't be done one handed. Helping a boy undress himself & getting him on to the toilet while nursing a baby is impossible. Just trust me about that. (I did find, however, that I can stand at the table and cut chicken nuggets into pieces while nursing.)

Because I am watching the boys at their house- which makes the most sense as I have no trucks or trains- Brenna is off schedule. You try taking your morning nap with the running, dancing and screaming that goes on. By noon she's exhausted and by 1pm, when they go down for naps she's over-tired and so ready for sleep. And so am I. How does my sister do it?

Also, because I am at my sister's house, I do not have access to my computer. And, to be honest, I wouldn't have the time anyway. So this is probably all you will get from me this week. If you see that I have visited your site but not left a comment please don't be offended. It's not that I don't want to comment, it's that I can't. Typing this has taken too much. I'm melting... melting... m e l t i n g... d o w n....

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP