"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Have I Crossed the Line from Frugal to Just Plain Disgusting?

>> Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Warning! This post involves poo. Do not read while eating!

I'm not really pushing the whole potty training issue with Caelan. I have no interest in trying during the winter and I'm not going to frustrate myself by trying before she is ready. I made that mistake once and I'm not going to repeat it.

That said, Caelan is actually doing quite well at "training herself". She has the whole control thing down. In fact, she has been known to "hold it" for over 24 hours because she doesn't want to soil her diaper but she doesn't want to use the toilet. She has even told us, a couple of times, "I need to potty". Of course this is followed by toilet time that produces nothing, but it's a step forward.

Well, this morning, after not p'ing for over 16 hours, she wet completely through her diaper and down her leg; thoroughly soaking her clothing and socks. I changed her and wiped her down and she went happily on her way. A short while later she calls to me, quite happily, "Mommy, I'm poopy!" And she was. But she wasn't wet. And the poo was quite solid.

So, I removed the poo to the toilet, wiped her tukkis and the diaper as best I could and put it back on her.

Have I crossed the line with frugality? Because, seriously, the diaper is still good... Isn't it?

6 comments:

Marie 12:51 PM  

I would have done the same thing!! Absolutely. Diapers are expensive!!

Christine 2:18 PM  

I wouldn't have done the same, but only because my son's got really sensitive skin and we cloth diaper so it isn't such a big deal to put on a clean diaper. I will admit thought that if I were using disposables I would be tempted to do the same thing, but with his very sensitive skin I think I would still give him a new diaper. I think as long as it was clean though there probably isn't a problem with reusing it, but I don't know for sure.

Sally 2:39 PM  

I think I would have done the same thing. My kid goes through SO many diapers a day, and last night i changed him just a few minutes before his bath, so the pre-bath diaper went back on post-bath. =)

Melody 10:41 PM  

I think the diaper is still good but maybe I have crossed that frugality line too.

The Fritz Facts 2:05 PM  

I would have done the same! No need to be wasteful!

Unknown 2:30 PM  

I do this on a regular basis!!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP