"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A Very Long Night

>> Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I was exhausted yesterday. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that it rained all day and was grey and dreary. Ick. Or maybe it is due to cutting my nap short to work on campaign stuff. Either way I was easily asleep by 9pm.

Which, in hindsight, was a very good thing.

At 12:30am I was very rudely awakened by fussing from Brenna. I lay in bed a few minutes waiting- hoping- she would calm and go back to sleep. No such luck. So I schlepp up the stairs into her room and see her gripping the side of her crib like she is jailed and crying. As I enter she stands and holds her arms out to me. We cuddle, she calms and falls asleep. I try to place her back in her bed... And she screams. Repeat steps above twice- with the same results.

OK, so I pull a couple of knot-blankets and a pillow to the floor. Brenna lays right down when she sees that mommy will be right beside her on the floor. She is sleeping. I try to move her. Screaming follows.

Ugh. I am tired and uncomfortable, not to mention a little cold as the knot-blankets aren't quite mommy-sized. In my mind I figure that since Brenna seems to just want cuddling it should be OK to put her in bed with us and we can all be comfy. It worked in my theory.

So I put on some warmer clothes and back upstairs we go, settling on the floor. This time when Brenna falls asleep I decide to just leave her there. Slowly I get up and move away from her. Just as slowly she raises up and begins to cry. I move back toward her, she calms and snuggles close to me whan I lay back down.

And the rest of my night was spent like that. The only thing I can figure is that she wasn't feeling well and just wanted the security of mommy.

That had better be the reason because I don't plan to spend many nights like that.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP