"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

New Year's Eve and the Day That Follows

>> Thursday, December 29, 2005

My mother is trying to get herself nominated for "Grandmother of the Year" this weekend. She volunteered to watch not one, not two, but four little beasties while their parents (her children and their spouses) go out for the evening. Their ages? Four, three, two and one. Yep, she may need an entire bottle of wine after the last ones go to bed!

Doug and I, accompanied by by youngest brother and his wife, will be taking in a hockey game. Should be home by 11pm. Yep, we're animals. I looked in to a late movie but nothing starts after 10:25pm. WTF? It's New Year's Eve, people. Keep kids safe and all that PC stuff.

It's actually a good thing that there are no late movies, though. First off, I'm old. I have a hard time staying up past 11pm. And B, (don't you have it when people switch between numbers and letters when they list things? Yeah, me too) we are having our open house/New Year's Brunch the following day. Considering that it is a New Year's Brunch it only makes sense. Mimosas, Bloody Marys, breakfast-y foods that I am making myself, bagels that I am not... Should be a good time.

I just hope that the people who didn't bother to RSVP don't "surprise" us by showing up. I hate that. I request and RSVP for a reason, people. Just respond to the Evite, for crying out loud. It's not that friggin' difficult.

Ahem, soory about that little outburst. It's just one of my pet peeves. Especially since there are food and beverages to be purchased. If I don't have enough I'll feel bad (and my sister tells me that I can't tell people that they can't eat if they didn't RSVP) and if I have too much... Well, can you ever have too much champagne?

We bought new household furnishings this evening. Bar stools for the bar downstairs and a kitchen table and chairs because the deal was too good to pass up. Doug is constructing bar stools as I type. I would help but we read instructions differently. It's just best that I stay away.

Which is alright as I have laundry to fold. Or dishes to wash. Or some other "woman's work" that I'm sure needs to be completed.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP