"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Out With the Old... In With the Gatorade

>> Sunday, January 01, 2006

Our New Year's Eve plans were completely obliterated when I was hit by nausea at 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon. I thought it would pass but by 4 I was curled on the floor being fed crackers by Brenna. Who, by the way, gave her mommy this nasty bug. But Brenna had a flu shot. I didn't as they don't recommend it when you are trying to get all knocked up.

But back to my story. By 5 I was permanently implanted in the bathroom with a trash can in front of me. Both the commode and the trash can were put into service. Multiple times. Ugh.

As my mom was here watching kids I stayed locked in my bedroom so as not to infect anyone else. I sent Doug out with my brother and sister-in-law for dinner and hockey. Doug returned home with two litres of Gatorade. Which is good as he needs one for himself. Yep, it hit him sometime after midnight.

So our house is contaminated and under quarentine. I have contacted everyone who said they were coming today and told them to stay away. Luckliy most of the stuff we had for the party can be kept until needed. Except the 4 gallons of OJ and the smoked, spiral cut ham. And the cream cheese dip, tomato juice, celery... Luckily I hadn't bought the bagels yet.

So I am beginning 2006 with a completely purged system. On to my New Years Resolutions.

1) Everyone's list has "lose weight" somewhere on it. My resolution is to gain weight. About 30 lbs. No losing weight if you're preggers. Which we are working on.

2) Exercise also tops the list. The worst thing about being knocked up is the inability to bicycle. I love to bike in the summer. So that leaves lots of walking, light weight lifting and pre-natal yoga.

3) Eat more fish. This is something I really need to work on. We don't eat much fish here. Probably because we are in the middle of the country and it's really difficult to get good fish. I'm a fish snob. And, unfortunately, I don't think fish & chips should really count toward my fishy quota. So, fish once a week. Any good fishy recipes welcome.

4) Finish my website. I have been working on a site filled with personal experience of traveling with little ones. I've been too busy to work with it lately and I really want to get it up and running.

And now... I got nuthin' else. I want to curl up on my heating pad and die. I hope my mommy will stay to watch Brenna...

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP