"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The Homestretch

>> Monday, December 19, 2005

One week remains until Christmas. Our "festivities" actually begin on Friday evening at Doug's grandmother's house.

  • Gifts- check
  • Hotel room- check (We're not driving back after the last time)
  • Food for pot luck that I can make that morning & will travel well- unchecked
Then we will wake early Saturday to venture to the far southern part of Iowa to enjoy dinner (lunch to those non-farm folks reading this) at my grandmother's. I completed my Christmas ritual of sending flowers to her today. They should arrive tomorrow. I used ProFlowers so they should still be nice & fresh on Saturday.

After stuffing ourselves we will make our way home for a relaxing Christmas eve and a fun Christmas morning. Later that day my immediate family (sibs, mom, nephews) will converge on my house for dinner (which is actually dinner as we're townies), gifts and pandemonium.

I've got shopping lists to make, a few small gifts yet to buy, Santa to visit and a few more boxes to unpack. Luckily my family isn't too picky and my house doesn't have to be spotless.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP