"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A Family Beach Vacation in New Jersey? Read On...

>> Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In one of the many travel newsletters I get was an article titled “Summer Staycations are Over; Labor Day Getaways are Filling Hotels” (or something close to that). It went on to say that now that the price of gas has begun it’s decline (coincidence?) people are taking late summer vacations before school begins. (Hunh. I don’t know where these people live… School began here a week ago.)

But the article got me thinking about the possibility of a quickie family beach vacation so I did some poking around and found this site for New Jersey waterparks right on the beach. Yeah, I know, why put a waterpark on the beach? I don’t get it- but the view looks really pretty.

Morey’s Piers website has everything I need to plan this little getaway: info on hotels and dining, amusement parks… You name it. In all honesty the waterparks look like vacation destinations in themselves.

If the girls were older I would totally pick the Ocean Oasis Beach Club with it’s private cabanas and massage therapy services. But my kids are little and I don’t really trust anyone to watch them around water (not even Doug, to be quite honest) so the Raging Waters theme park would be our destination. They have two huge interactive play areas for kids.

If I’ve piqued your interest be sure to check out the weekly specials offered at Morey’s Piers for some really fun deals!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP