"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The Coolest Thing About Blogging

>> Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I have friends all over the world. So if I happen to mention I'll be heading someplace I usually get emails that say, "Hey, if you have time stop in my town. I'll show you around, we'll grab ice cream." Which is way cool and I'm bummed when I can't take up my bloggy friends on those great offers.

Well, I happened to mention that we will be making a stop in Niagara Falls, Canada on our way back to Iowa (it's winning in the poll on Have Kid Will Travel) and I got this email:

"...we have extra rooms if you don't want to pay the insane prices for hotels around here. It wouldn't matter what time you got here and can spend more on "tourist" stuff if you like. I know we've never actually met before, so it sounds weird inviting you to stay here, but I'm pretty sure that after four years of reading your blog I know you pretty well :)
Now, how cool is that? So not only will I be meeting Jennifer but she is gonna be hosting us for a night. She's been reading me for 4 years but I'm not sure she really knows what she's in for!

5 comments:

Sally 11:30 PM  

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

cchuff 5:53 AM  

Very neat! There are so many terrific people in this world and Jennifer sounds like one of them.

red fish 4:08 PM  

Jennifer, you will love the geek family. The girls are even cuter in person :)

Tamara B 9:05 AM  

are you sure you want to come back to Iowa with its recent political decisions???

Jennifer 8:59 AM  

I'm sure I can say the same to you! Connor has been asking when you'll get here. Megan can't wait to meet the girls and has assured me she has three pairs of high heels for them all to wear. lol. Connor rolled his eyes.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP