"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

There's No Place Like Home

>> Sunday, November 26, 2006


Brenna the traveler.
She pulled her bag of goodies like a pro. Her current favorite bedtime buddy was tied to the top with her snuggly blanket. And, yes, we had her leashed. I think that my favorite thing in the airports this time was to see people smile when they saw her walking down the corridors.


After 8 days and 7 nights in and around Dallas we are home. I know my breathing evened out as we were driving away from the airport. And my stress level dropped significantly. Because, no matter how much you enjoy visiting family, you can get just a wee bit too much togetherness.

I know that having the two little ones didn't help a bit. By the time we returned to the hotel they were both worn down from all the activity and were just heathens. Bedtime was a nightmare. And, although Brenna slept through the night (once we got her to sleep), Caelan had a difficult time adjusting to everything. Especially being held so much. I think she may have been overstimulated. Not that I blame anyone for wanting to hold her- she is adorable.

But now we are home and settling into our normal routines. Caelan is enjoying her swing and bouncy-seat that we couldn't take, Brenna is running around like a loon burning off all the cooped-up-hotel-room-energy, I am doing loads and loads of laundry and Doug is doing something on his computer and keeping the girls occupied so I can get things done. Ahhh, home.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP