"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

So... What Does an Editor Do?

>> Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm actually beginning to wonder.

As many of you recall I had a bit of an issue last week with the misspelling of our name in the article about Doug running for state senate.

I cooled down relatively quickly (for me) and was able to laugh about today's screw up.

Oh, there was a correction in today's paper; it was even at the top of the front page. Today's screw up comes courtesy of the same company but different paper. Today Doug's announcement was listed twice. Once on page 6 and once on page 12. Correctly on page 6 and incorrectly on page 12.

Complete incompetence on the editor's part.

Not one to let things go- and with my sister's prodding (her best friend's husband, BTW, is the publisher of these papers)- I called the paper to report the error. And what I found out was this:

The incorrect article was sent over by the other paper. When I sent in the correct information a new article was created. And the old article was left in.

Now I don't know about you but shouldn't an editor notice that?

Ah, well. Any publicity is good publicity (as Bubbi says).

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP