"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

All About the Hair

>> Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'm not one of those people who is attached to to her hair. I usually cut it shorter in the winter due to low humidity and those nasty fly-aways and grow it long again in the summer. My hair grows very fast and, though I tend to be vain, I don't think I've ever defined myself by my hair.

And, I'll admit, women who cry and whine and refuse to cut their long hair (when it is stringy and nasty and will obviously look better shorter) make me a bit homicidal. It's hair for god's sake, not your arm!

Ahem. Anyway, I finally had it with Brenna's "baby mullet" (kudos to Mama Duck) and gave her a haircut.

I actually, in my many incarnations, have been a children's hairstylist. Probably my most favorite job. Sometimes I wish I could open my own, small, shop just for kids haircuts. No perms, no color, just haircuts for little kids.

So, here follows a photojournal of Brenna's First Haircut:

Before
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The back, before
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What are you doing?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yikes!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So cute!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A nice little wedge. No tears, no tantrums. And we might just put in a few curls to visit Gramma today.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP