"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Self Portrait Friday- Tattoos!!

>> Friday, July 01, 2005

Another Self Portrait Friday is upon us. Visit Stemily to get the rundown. Today is tattoos; I think this may be my fault. After seeing so many last week during "Summer Wear" I thought we should focus on the art.


I have two tattoos. My first, at age 23, is located on my right thigh. I wanted a unicorn... I'm sure it had some sort of significance when I got it. I had my tattooist add the falling star & clouds so it didn't "just sit" on my skin.
My second tattoo, about 6 months later, I designed myself. It is tribal and cherry blossoms. In my mind the tribal, being a strong design, stands for strength and independence while the cherry blossoms are girly. It really signifies how I felt at that time.

I have been craving another tattoo since that time but have never followed through- mostly because I'm not sure what I want. I did do a lot of piercing, none of which are "installed" anymore. Which is a good thing. I don't feel like sharing that much.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP