"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

6 Weeks and All I Get is a Frickin' Form Letter?

>> Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A few of you may remember my last post about Iowa's distinguished Senator Harkin and how disgusted I was with his response to my inquiries. If you don't, go read it.

This is the response I got to my last email. I was very specific with my questions, thinking that I would be able to get actual answers and not feel good spin. It seems I was wrong. This is the response I got, word for word:


July 26, 2005




Dear Jody:

Thank you for contacting me. I hope you will pardon my delay in responding to you.

I appreciate your continuing interest in illegal immigration. You raised several important points in your letter. Please be assured that I will continue to study this important issue and will keep your views in mind as it is debated in the Senate.

Again, thanks for sharing your views with me. Please don't hesitate to let me know how you feel on any issue that concerns you.


Sincerely,



Tom Harkin
United States Senator

TH/

Please do not reply to this email. To contact me, please log on to my website at http://harkin.senate.gov/.



This is the reply I get when I specifically ask for his views on strengthening our borders and removing illegal immigrants? Seriously?

My sister emails our other Senator often. His replies, even if they don't mesh with my way of thinking, at least provide explanations. What do I get? Crap.

I hope Jen will post the last letter she received; I think some of you may enjoy it. I believe her topic was illegal immigration, as well.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP