"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Ahhh, This is How to Spend the Day!

>> Thursday, July 28, 2005

Today was the perfect summer day. I think the high was 81 degrees (Farenheit for those of you who use the other), the sky was the blue of a Caribbean sea and there wasn't a cloud to be seen.

Doug stayed home from his 8-5 gig (the perk of being a contractor) to work on a side project. Brenna & I went to Jen's so I could cut everyone's hair before they go out of town this weekend. When we got home Doug & I set up the castle and Doug & Brenna played while I made lunch- which we ate on the deck.

Brenna went down for her nap shortly after lunch and Doug & I remained on the deck, laptops on the table, working; Doug on trust fund issues (not ours), me learning Microsoft Front Page.

After Brenna woke we spent some time in the tent playing. Security was tight; noone could have gotten close enough to bother us.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's Brenna after taking Doug's hat. She's pretty proud of herself! (Look at that sky!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Playtime was followed by ice cream at Marble Slab (YUMMY!!), shopping at World Market and Marshall's (I found some great hat boxes) and dinner at HuHot with my mom.

A perfect day.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP