"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Plans for Today...

>> Saturday, July 09, 2005

Shopping. And lots of it. Yesterday was kind of a bust for me. I hate bad shopping days; nothing was fitting right; everything I loved was out of stock.

Brenna & Doug are napping right now; Doug woke with a headache, poor guy. I am looking out my window at Country Club Plaza. My window also looks over the pool area at the Fairmont. All I can think as I look at those tanned bodies is: I hope they are wearing sunscreen. :) Me, I'm white. Lots of the Irish in me. And I look at my skin and wish I hadn't spent those years tanning, wish I had worn more sunscreen. I see the damage. So I get my tan sprayed on every week. smirk

Ummm, another gorgeous day in store for Kansas City. Many safety vibes are being sent to friends in Florida who are battoning down the hatches and awaiting Dennis. I hope they won't be facing another season like they had last year. So many people haven't yet recovered from that.

I haven't written anything about the horrifying bombings in London. I really don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. I hope the resolve to fight terrorism remains strong or grows stronger; I hope the death toll rises no higher; I hope they catch those who planned these attacks and prosecute them to the highest extent of the law. My heartfelt condolences go out to those who lost a loved one.


Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP