"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Home Sweet Home... For Another Week

>> Wednesday, November 23, 2005

All major mishaps aside we will be moving next week. The closing is currently set for Thursday the 1st and I have the movers coming on Friday. Thankfully we have noone coming in to the house and the buyers are giving us until the 5th to complete the move. I don't know that I could have it done in one day.

I spent yesterday doing laundry- a never ending task, it seems- packing boxes with items we can do without for a couple of weeks and hanging out with Brenna. She has a bit of a cough and runny nose, probably picked up on the flight home. Yesterday was the "day of no naps" so we were both exhausted at 7pm. She went right to sleep for daddy, I stayed up an hour longer to finish a bit of laundry. Well, to be honest, Doug & I were watching a travel show and I fell asleep on the couch until the buzzer on the drier woke me.

And, since I was asleep early, I am awake early. Yep, 4am. My body still thinks it's 10am.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I had originally planned to stay home, eat frozen pizza and pack boxes. My SIL put a stop to that, so today I am going to The Cheesecake Factory to get a Pumpkin Cheesecake. Have you experienced one of these? Oh, ecstacy! Yum, yum yum!!! My mom asked why I didn't just make it myself. Well... 1) I just don't have time this week and 2) It just isn't the same.

And, after dinner, we are obligated to visit my father's wife's daughter, who is in town for the first time in eons. Ugh. I won't rant again... I say obligated because we are using my father's wife's car while the Exploder is being fixed from the deer incident (I still can't believe it's being fixed!)

And then a whole weekend of packing fun! Anyone want to help? I am offering a bribe of alcohol and food. Maybe some leftover pumpkin cheesecake...

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP