"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Wearin' O' the Green

>> Friday, March 13, 2009

St. Patrick's Day is next Tuesday. I love St. Patrick's Day, if only because it's the only day my sister doesn't give me a lot of flack for my love of Ireland and my joy in our Irish ancestry.

Since we are on the south shore (which is what the locals here call the area on the ocean south of Boston but not yet to the Cape) we will head into Southie (that is, South Boston) for the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday (which in not St.Patrick's Day. I'm still trying to finagle a 2 day hop to Dublin to actually see a parade on St. Patrick's Day).

We'll see the parade, hopefully walk along the Irish Heritage Trail and get some dinner in a pub, complete with Magners. Mmm...

To spread the Luck of the Irish on to all o' you I have a few things to share:

Learn the Irish language for free at Rosetta Stone thru March 19. There's a big button on the home page; you can't miss it. Be aware, even if your computer has a microphone the set up requires a headset mic. (I have to get one.) Thank to Deb at Just a Mom's Take on Things for this info.

Check out my favorite Irish recipes over at Fab Food Friday. Taste tested in my kitchen... If I can make them you can! I've even included beverage suggestions.

Craving a trip to the Emerald Isle? Take a virtual trip with me at Have Kid Will Travel. See where we've been and what we've done while roving the countryside.

And don't forget music to set the mood. Here are a few of our favorites:

The Glengarry Bhoys: Juice is a particular favorite.

Paddy Wagon is a twin cities Irish band I used to see at Kieran's in Minneapolis. Live At the Dubliner is great fun.

Celtic Woman is wonderful. I would start with:



Loreena McKennitt is always worth listening to.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sláinte!

1 comments:

Anonymous 5:55 PM  

You wish. I will make fun of you every day, including St. Patrick's Day.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP