"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Brenna's Big Day

>> Tuesday, June 21, 2005

It was a milestone day here at Casa Geek. As you can see below, Brenna fed herself today. To be honest she has been navigating Cheerios and Gerber Puffs to her mouth for some time. But today I let her feed herself some lunch: macaroni & cheese. Not the easiest thing to grasp...


Feeding myself

I actually had the macaroni in a plastic dish. I found out quite quickly that the dish was going to become a frisbee much to soon so I just put the mac & cheese on her tray. Which meant the tray had to be cleaned. Luckily we have an in-house dishwasher:


Toby Cleans Up

Yes, I washed the tray after Toby finished. (My sister actually asked me that question.)

Now, before you become too impressed with Brenna's amazing feat, there's more. She also learned to sit herself up today. Yep, she can now go from laying on the floor to sitting. The first time she did it I was in the kitchen. I had left her laying on the floor while I let Toby in. I went back to the living room and she was sitting up about 2 feet from where I left her. She later performed her new trick in front of a live audience; ie: Mommy & Daddy.

Now you may be impressed and applaud.

As you can imagine, after such a big day, she was exhausted. Bath time and bed couldn't come quickly enough and she fell quickly to sleep, no doubt to dream of what she will amaze me with tomorrow.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP