"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Need A D8?

>> Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Doug and I met three times before we ever dated. Once in high school when I was dating long haired rocker wanna bes and Doug was in ROTC. Again, years later, when my sister was marrying his best friend- I was maid of honor, Doug was best man; I brought a date and Doug left with one. And finally, many more years later, when we were both single and attending a party at my sister and brother-in-law’s house. Third time’s a charm.

Of course Doug likes to tell that story with much more flourish and humor. Like how he was too much of a geek for me to date him the first time. Or how I was dating a male stripper the second time. And how I was finally ready for a real man when we met the third time. But what it comes down to is that we met through my friend (and future brother-in-law). Because that’s how you did it back in the day.

Now, of course, you don’t need friends to meet people. First came chat lines, then speed dating, internet dating and now SMS Dating.

With I Love Texting.com you create a profile and can instantly find new friends in your area and begin texting. The website is easy to navigate and the sign up looks easy; just a few questions and you’re set. Not sure just how to do it or what to say? You can check out their blog.

Of course it’s a good thing I am married as texting doesn’t come quite as easily to those of us who actually take the time to spell the words. I’m not even sure I could understand the language, as it were. It’s a shorthand my mind can’t quite comprehend. Maybe they should have a dictionary for people like me...

But if U want 2 D8 and U txt then this may B 4 U.

1 comments:

Jill 8:11 PM  

I met RHSH online 5 years ago, but honestly, the whole online D8ing scene is so much more fierce now, I don't know if I could survive.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP