"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Now That I Have Internet...

>> Friday, February 27, 2009

You would think I could post a bit more regularly, wouldn't you? HA! Not likely. You see, we have no schedule right now and that is wrecking havoc on more than my blogging. It is wrecking havoc on the girls, too. We're all creatures of habit- and when we are at home that habit is nicely laid out in the form of a (very detailed) schedule that includes preschool and gymnastics class. Last week wasn't too bad as we were in "settling in" mode. This week, however, was painful. I did find a nice gym (but not as nice as our beloved Triad) that the girls will be attending every Tuesday morning.

But, since we found out yesterday that our trip will be extended by 3 weeks (I can hear the audible groans from friends, family & teachers), I am now in search of a preschool - or something intellectually challenging - for Brenna. The girl is bored. And I am not teacher material. At least not all-day-every-day. (I don't know how homeschooling moms do it.) Today the three of us (Caelan, Brenna & I) had to have time-outs from each other.

OK, enough of that... Here's what we've been up to lately...

Wednesday the girls and I ventured into Quincy and to a larger mall - in hopes of finding a large play area. No such luck. But the girls did get to visit the great haven known as the Disney Store. Caelan was entranced by all the very fancy costumes. Brenna, a girl after my own heart, really wanted a fancy fairies desk set (with neat "hidden" compartments). What they each got was PJs from the sale racks in the back. Hey, we'll be here for Easter... Who knows what that bunny may see fit to bring?

We got to go see Doug's office and meet a few people he works with and then it was off to dinner... We went to a place called Cela's. From the reviews I'm guessing it's a relatively new place. It is not really a place for kids, though the girls did well enough. It wasn't too busy, and it was early. The waitstaff were good natured about the girls and Doug dancing in the dining room. The food was quite good... Check out these salads:


We ordered the girls Chicken Parmesan to split (and it ended up being enough food for Doug & I to both have it as leftovers the next day!), I got a sweet Italian sausage in pesto sauce over gnocchi and Doug got a lobster gnocchi with a cheese sauce. I say my dish was the best.

Caelan has graduated to diapers at night only and continues to do an amazing job with her potty skills. Here she is in her new Aerial nightgown, very proud of herself.

Thursday was nice enough for the girls and I to head out exploring in the afternoon. We visited the Scituate lighthouse, explored the beach and picked up more shells for our collection. (click the picture for a closer look)

We tried our best to get lost but with a compass in the van I was able to keep us heading in a direction that would either take us to the ocean or back to the house. And though I had heard it existed, I really didn't expect to find the Scituate castle.

OK, so it's a water and clock tower but it's a really cool one. And it's right next to a playground and the library - which is having an Irish music concert on March 8.

Today was another lovely day so we made a visit to our beach after running our morning errands and having lunch.

Tonight weather is blowing in and I have no idea what adventure tomorrow will hold.

5 comments:

The Fritz Facts 9:23 AM  

I hope you guys find your routine! I know how frustrating it can be to be thrown into the change. Good luck!

Those pictures are great. I love lighthouses.

Anonymous 7:18 PM  

You are doing such a wonderful job of telling us about your adventures...it's almost like I'm there (Which by the way I WISH I was!! I'd gladly give you IA back and take your next few weeks!!!)

Tamara B 10:44 AM  

glad you're having fun... don't forget to come back!

Anonymous 2:52 PM  

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://oqyqytizy.uvoweb.net/awexem.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous 11:02 PM  

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP