"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Happy Valentine's Day

>> Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Last night Doug asked me if I wanted to do anything tonight. Two thoughts immediately ran through my head:

1) Ummm, if you want to do anything on Valentine's Day you have to plan it weeks in advance. Duh.
2) No. I never have good experiences "out" on Valentine's Day. Restaurants are way too busy and service sucks.

Today is my grandmother's birthday. I don't think having a V-Day birthday is quite as bad as a Christmas birthday, but it may be close. She was in town with my mom; they came by so grandma could see my new house and we went to lunch. After lunch we came back to my place and sang "Happy Birthday" over mini cupcakes.

Brenna and I spent the remainder of the afternoon delivering small heart-shaped cakes, mini cupcakes and champagne to my siblings homes as a suprise. I can "break in" to all but one so the goodies were waiting when they got home. (I had thought about posting photos but I'm no Meritt. I had a 16-month-old trying to climb up my leg as I was frosting the goodies. I'll just say that they weren't as pretty as I imagined they would be.)

As I've said many, many times Doug & I aren't gift-giving people. I just don't see the point of buying a gift because "someone" says you have to. I'd rather it be from the heart and spontaneous. So, he brought home flowers and I made a nice dinner for him of a fondue appetizer, filet mignon with a garlic-tomato sauce and couscous, and a small heart shaped cake for dessert.

And there you have it. The most "romantic" day of the year, Geek style.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP