"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Funny, I Don't FEEL Rewarded

>> Tuesday, March 17, 2009


As we slowly remove ourselves from the grip of consumer debt I find myself closing credit card accounts for cards that have long since been cut apart and tossed out with dirty diapers and non-recyclable containers.

One such card is my Capital One "No Hassles" Rewards card. I realized tonight, as I was flipping through account information, that the account was still open. And, in fact, had rewards that had yet to be used.

If you've been reading a while you may remember my last "rewards" purchase: a really nice slow cooker. I love my slow cooker and I use it often. However, it "cost" 6300 "points" which is, in essence, $6300. It's not that nice.

So, anyway, I find that I have 2173 "points" on this card that has been cut up for quite a while now. What can that get me? Nothing. Not a thing. The cheapest (and I do mean cheap) items are 5000 "points". I do see, however, that I can transfer these points to another Capital One account. Though I am sure there is a fee for such action. But, hey, if anyone wants my "miles" before I close the account let me know. Just read the fine print...

There may be a small fee for said transaction before said transaction can take place. This may or may not be entirely legal. Fees will be paid via PayPal and transfer will be completed as soon as fees are deposited.

3 comments:

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar 9:39 PM  

You just know someone is going to say, "See? That's why you should keep the card to keep the rewards!" Or maybe they won't now that I've posted this comment.

Congrats on closing the accounts!

The Fritz Facts 9:43 PM  

Good for you! Another one bites the dust!

I can't believe they have NOTHING for less than 5000 points. That is just plain wrong.

Anonymous 6:00 AM  

As a side note to all of the crap, have you noticed a lot fewer ads for credit cards on TV and in your mailbox?

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP