"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Perfectly, Wonderfully Average

>> Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Caelan had her one year Well Baby visit today. The dots on her growth chart follow the growth curve almost perfectly.

She is 29 1/4 inches long and 20 pounds 11 ounces. Just enough for us to turn her car seat forward! What a great day! Caelan is so happy to be looking forward. If you glance back at her you see a big smile. And if she sees you look at her she erupts in contagious laughter. It's impossible not to laugh back.

The downside of today was her shots- 4 of them including a flu shot. Ouch! And they topped that off with a finger poke to draw blood to check for lead and her hemoglobin levels. Poor baby was not happy when we left.

All is well now, though, and we are off to play with chalk and paint on the driveway.

3 comments:

Jill 1:33 AM  

Oh! Those darn shots. Every time I take Adam to his well-baby visit I get a little "lecture" about his weight. He's consistently 10%. He's 21 months and weighs 20 pounds. He's not much of an eater, but I figure he'll eat when he gets hungry enough!

sue 9:01 AM  

I always hated taking the kids in for their shots. Hubs went with me once and insisted he couldn't go in with me, but would sit in the waiting room - where he SWORE he could hear our kids crying. That was the last time he went. He always told me I was stronger than he was. ;)

*carrie* 9:45 AM  

Jody,

My son is 20 pounds at 9 months--he is a lug to carry around!

I can't wait to turn him around soon--I think he'll really enjoy seeing all the "action"!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP