"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Bad News Update

>> Thursday, September 06, 2007

If you didn't hear the bad news read the post directly below this one first.

Well, it's about 10pm. I am spending the night at the hospital with my step mother. I will head home in the morning when my brother and sister come. And I'm sure I'll be back for quite a while tomorrow. And the next day...

Dad has still not regained conscienceness but he did nod when we spoke to him and he did squeeze my brother's hand. He's on pain meds now as he can feel pain. And there is a lot of it.

So, really, not much has changed. It's going to be a long night.

4am

I was awoken by the nurse saying "Squeeze my hand" to my dad. He had come out of the fog of painkillers for a few minutes and seemed conscience. He was able to squeeze her hand a bit. He opened his eyes a bit and was quite restless. I'm sure he was experiencing a lot of pain. I spoke to him and told him who had been there, who would be coming. He nedded and seemed to want to answer. He seemed, of course, very confused.

I don't think he is breathing on his own yet, which is not good. And though he could see me (I think) and he was responding I am not sure that he knew me. I hope he did.

4 comments:

WILLIAM 7:28 AM  

MY thoughts and prayers are being pointed in your direction.

Anonymous 8:48 AM  

Still Praying Jody.

Anonymous 9:09 AM  

Jody,
My mom was on a ventilator and it is truly a god awful experience. I am so so sorry. It sounds like he is a fighter which is a very good thing. Remember, God will not give you more than you can handle.
Take care, and of course, my prayers are with you-

Ann

Anonymous 3:29 PM  

Here I was all excited to come see your blog after finding the link on "An Iowa Mom"s blog, but then to find you are having this terrible thing happen. I'm so sorry and my thoughts will be with you. I'm an Iowan, too, (as well as a mom and a geek) and look forward to reading more of your blog. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to link to you.

Take care.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP