"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

6:46 am. What Am I Doing Here?

>> Thursday, August 16, 2007

My plan was to get up around 6:15 and walk the dog before my day had to begin. I enjoy being up early and being alone with the dog is really a great way for me to focus on the day to come, reflect on the days past and pray. It's relaxing and invigorating at the same time.

Well, for that little plan to work I need to be asleep by 11pm. HA! I think the only time I get into bed before 11pm is if I'm sick. You know the joke; when a woman says she's going to bed she folds the last load of clothes from the dryer, she gets the coffee ready for the next morning, she loads and starts the dishwasher, etc. When a man says he's going to bed, he goes to bed.

Yeah, the funniest jokes are the true ones. So when my alarm shattered my sleep this morning I turned it off and rolled over. Unfortunately the dog must have heard it because 15 minutes later I heard his collar jingling up the stairs, then his nails clicking across the hard wood floor, then his cold, wet nose was in my face.

So I'm up. And he's out. But I'm not walking. The humidity outside feels like 98%- it might as well be raining. Heck, rain would be welcome if I were outside.

I see kids outside waiting for their school bus. 7am- there it is. School begins today in our little hamlet. It seems too early. But then, I am a proponent of year-round school. Not that it really matters, either way. I probably won't begin to find my way back to the marketplace until the girls are in high school... If then.

Caelan is awake and playing with the musical fish aquarium in her crib. She's happily babbling, ok, it really sounds like she was just calling "Momma, Momma, Momma". I don't really want to get her yet. I just want a little more solitude before my day has to begin...

Maybe I need to start getting up at 5am. Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

1 comments:

Fantastagirl 8:31 PM  

I really am getting used to my alarm going off at 6:15 am - but it would be a whole lot better if I could go to sleep before midnight. I understand where you are coming from.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP