"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

School? Already?

>> Sunday, July 08, 2007

We were in Staples yesterday buying necessary geek items and I noticed that the school supplies were front and center. Which, of course, got me thinking about Brenna's upcoming school career.

Granted, she won't begin kindergarten for two more years as her birthday falls after the "cut-off" date. She'll be almost 6. I am really afraid she will be bored. Her preschool teachers have moved her up to the next class already. She knows all her letters, shapes, colors, can count almost to 50 (if you include fiveteen) and she is beginning to read three and four letter words. Heck, she could probably qualify for Mensa. Yes, they take almost-3-year-olds.

But I also know that, sometimes, a child can be bored easily by school. Doug and I both were. Neither of us remembers needing to cram for tests or struggling in class. And while Doug excelled I just did enough to get by.

I hope my children don't have that experience. But if they do I can turn to an innovative tutor to help them learn to love learning. Because the sooner kids love to learn, the sooner they'll learn. Score Educational Centers work with children as young as four years old through high school.

A love of learning is probably one of the most important gifts you can give your child. A little help never hurt.


0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP