"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Pimp My Power Wheels

>> Monday, July 09, 2007

A big thanks to Lisset for that title!

So, I'm sure you have all been on edge to know just how the Power Wheels Jeep turned out. In case you missed the beginning of the story, click here.

So,as we left off I was showing you the Jeep, as I received it. Yep, it's a bit rough.

I stripped it of all the stickers and gave it a good washing. Then I had to "rebuild" the front bumper. It was completely broken off and could have been a big hazard.
Ah, good old duct tape. Then the painting began. Two coats. More in some places. I'm sure the people that drove by thought I was crazy. Then again most of them are much older and have Corvettes instead of kids at home.
Don't you just love the painter's tape and plastic-bag tire covers?
After the painting was done I created stickers with my Wishblade and sticky backed vinyl that I had left over from decorating the bathroom.
I actually finished the stickers about 11pm. Doug was in bed reading and I made him get up to help me apply them. Yes, you could say I was having fun.

And here it is:
The repaired bumper:
I really like how the letters turned out.
GPS and cell phone.
Very fancy.
And flowery.
Brenna loved it!

7 comments:

Lissete 10:35 PM  

OMG! That came out awesome! You did a fabulous job! I'm sure she loves it!

Unknown 10:50 PM  

Oh how awesome. I LOVE THIS. You need to send these pictures to the actual show. Good job.

Anonymous 10:53 PM  

Wow! You did a great job!

Fantastagirl 10:55 PM  

OMG - you are an amazing woman - love how you fixed this up! You did a great job - and is simply amazing!

Marie 6:22 AM  

VERY cool! Great work. Now MTV's going to want to hire you...

Just think what you'll be able to sell it for now, when your girls outgrow it!

WILLIAM 7:22 AM  

That is quite impressive. GPS...I love it.

Anonymous 8:01 PM  

You have talent!!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP