"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The Geek Is Catching

>> Friday, July 06, 2007

OK, I was a gadget geek long before I met Doug. Anything new, fun, shiny or with lots of buttons; you could be pretty sure I would acquire it sooner or later.

The latest gadget to come to my attention? This portable scanner. Now, I don’t necessarily need one but I can certainly tell you how I would use it.

I’m learning to do more and more with my Wishblade. Lately I have begun creating my own paper piecings. Until recently I was using clip art but I have begun to venture into scanning items, making them jpgs and creating from that. So, of course, when I am out at a 6 hour scrap and come across a design or a piece that I would like to copy, this would be perfect.

It’s light weight, requires no external power (it uses the USB 2.0 port), is bundled with software and is Vista compatible. I could pack it along easily.

Of course, if you are a “professional” type, this would be terrific too. With 600dpi resolution you can be sure the documents and photos you scan will be of superior quality. Especially good for travel, you could fax, email and organize all your business documents with just the touch of a button, from anywhere. And scanned documents can be saved in any of the following image types: BMP, JPG, TIF, PSD, PCX, PNG or TGA and easily used with your existing applications.

sigh...

Really, I do think the Geek is catching.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP