"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Rambling

>> Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Caelan was up early this morning- I'm guessing as she didn't call to be taken out of hr crib until 7am- so she is taking a short nap. Brenna is sitting on the potty. We had some success the past couple of days and hope to have continued potty use.

Speaking of success, did you make it down the page to see this: (Link takes you to pictures of it opened)



I am pretty darn impressed with myself.

There isn't really much going on here. In just a little bit I'll load the girls into the bike trailer and head to the park. It's already hot and humid outside. Heading for insane hot & humid. Best to get the outside stuff out of the way early.

And in the news:

I don't usually write much about the news but this article caught my eye: Father in Honor Killing Found Guilty of Murder.

I suppose I should be more shocked by the story itself but, sadly, it is becoming more common (more than 100 other killings in Britain are being investigated as "honor killings". What bothers me the most is that this girl went to the police multiple times and was dismissed.

Now, I'm positive that my family didn't approve of many of the guys I dated. Honestly, I think they approved of 3, maybe 4, one of whom I married. Lucky for Doug. But I'm pretty sure the thought of killing never even entered their minds.

1 comments:

Tamara B 11:23 AM  

Honor & killing, in the same sentence???

I do love your baby thing you made. And I would so volunteer you to make another one in two weeks for our #2

The kids in the trailer... now come on J, they should be seatbelted in in the car. The bikes go in the trailer silly mommy. The heat must be getting to you!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP