"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

May I Have The Envelope, Please?

>> Friday, June 29, 2007



A new blog friend and native Iowan, Jill at Who Could Ask For Anything More has nominated me to recieve a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award. I'm completely delighted and a bit taken-aback as I know Jill has only recently "discovered" me, and vice versa. So a BIG THANK YOU to Jill. I'm honored.

Now, the best thing about this award is that I get to share it with 5 other bloggers that I think rock.

This is actually really hard as I have so many great girls on my list. Here goes:

I have to pass it on to Meritt at Coffeetalking.com. Not only is she a blog friend but she is a friend in "real life". Her youngest daughter is Brenna's favorite babysitter and her daily life leaves me exhausted.

Next is The Kept Woman. I began following the life of TKW back when she was "Mama Duck" living in Texas. Now that she is struggling through life in Wisconsin she keeps me laughing. I only wish I could be so clever. Plus she's a crafty kind of gal. If we lived closer together I know we'd be amazing friends because,honestly, she would laugh at my stupid humor and tell how to make pillows that rival Pottery Barn.

I would nominate Wendy, the Iowa Mom but Jill already did and I really don't want Wendy to feel too flattered. But seriously, Wendy is one busy lady. She not only raises 4 adorable kids but she runs a couple websites (IowaMoms.com and a craft one that I can't find the link to right now) and manages to remain sane. Well, as sane as any of us are!

I have to nominate Randi at I Have To Say because she is my sewing guru. If I ever have a question or want to find a specific pattern (preferrably free) she is there for me.

And, finally, I will nominate Boudicca. I so love reading about her boys and all the activities that take place in her life. She's funny and sweet, an amazing mom and loving wife. And the blogger that I have been reading the longest. She never has a dull day.

So, there you are, my 5 Rockin' Girl Bloggers. But, if I may, I want to give a consolation prize to William at Poop and Boogies who only missed out because he's not a girl.

OK,girls (and William) you rock! Now share the love!

4 comments:

Jill 2:16 PM  

Even though you're new to me, you really do rock. I am loving checking out all other nominees from other people. Iowa Mom needs to get posting. And, I need to know what kind of vacuum she has that withstands use 4x a day. ha!

Unknown 10:02 PM  

Awwwww shucks!!! That was so nice!!!

I don't think I can move to Iowa...wanna move here!?!?!!?

Happy long Week of the 4th!

Anonymous 10:29 PM  

I'm so confused... does this mean I'm supposed to copy the icon and post it too?

WILLIAM 7:02 AM  

Thanks for the consolation prize. I will have to check out your other recomendations. Except TKW I ususally read her anyway.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP