"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Should Probably Clarify...

>> Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The title of my last post was a not so obscure quote that the parent of any child under 10 probably recognized right away.

Brenna’s new favorite movie is Cars. I have to say that it is an incredibly entertaining movie with an excellent soundtrack. Anyway, the race car gets stuck in a town that is destined to become extinct. He is sentenced to community service and strapped to a road paving machine named Bessie. Not long into the movie he can be heard to scream, “I’m in hillbilly hell. My IQ’s dropping by the second.” Funny stuff. Everyone should see this movie.

I have an embarrassing admission to make. Our rental car is a Saturn minivan. And I like it. There, I said it. I like it. Lots of room… In car DVD… Third row seating that lies flat… I told Doug that if he ever gets in an accident with the car that he had better make sure he totals it. Then we could get one of these.

I can’t believe I even said that. I always swore I would never have a minivan. Then again I swore I would never get married or have kids. Never say never.

OK, I did mention a big family event in my last post. It was a long day. Doug’s aunt & uncle put out quite a spread and all his Texas relation were there. Brenna played all day with her cousin Lyric and her second cousin Emma. She was awake from 8 am until shortly after 8pm, when she fell asleep on the drive back to the hotel.

And there our luck ended. Getting her into pj’s was, in hindsight, a big mistake. It woke her up and she began to wail. Long and loud. She was so tired. For an hour she cried. For an hour we tried to calm her. For an hour nothing worked. Until she collapsed from exhaustion with little whimpers as she slept.

Caelan didn’t sleep while we were away from the hotel- unless she was being held, and then only in snippets. Needless to say we were all exhausted and slept in Monday morning. Ahhhh…

Yesterday and today are lazy. Just hanging at Doug’s mom’s, utilizing her washer & dryer, letting her feed us, hooking her to the internet.

Later....

We went out for dinner with Doug's brother & his family and Doug's mom & step-dad. Getting Doug's mom on the WWW turned into a late night event and I think Doug may have given her techie overload. I kept telling him to show her how to check email and the blog, that other things would come to her as she used it more, but he has all these tricks and shortcuts... Sometimes they are overwhelming to me.

So now it's almost 11:30. Brenna fell asleep about half an hour ago and Doug just put Caelan in the crib. I need to get a few things packed so I don't have to do it tomorrow and then get to sleep. Tomorrow morning is going to come earlier than I like.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP