"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Offer More Proof

>> Thursday, January 05, 2006

One night, not so long ago, I was talking to my sister-in-law and said called Doug a geek. This is something I do fairly often, and quite often to his face. It is more a term of endearment than anything else.

"Doesn't Doug get upset when you call him a geek? she asked.
"No, why should he? He is a geek. He calls himself a geek."
"I know, but it just doesn't seem very nice," she replied.

Hmmm. I really hadn't thought about how anyone outside our relationship might interpret my calling him a geek. Maybe I should stop.

But, I do have more proof (as if any were needed!).

Our new home has a wet bar in the basement. We recently purchased bar stools. Seating is quite comfortable. Doug installed a computer, complete with internet connection, at the end of the bar. You know, just in case drunken facts must be confirmed. Or maybe a hot game of Scrabble has broken out and spelling of a word must be checked. Or for drunken blogging.

Oh, yeah. He's a geek.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP